Monday, July 2, 2012

June 9th

Today we finally landed in Nairobi. For some reason, I didn't expect Kenya to have much of a city. Nairobi reminded me of somewhere in Florida because of the palm trees, heat, and colorful buildings.



Missions of Hope lovingly provided transportation for us.

A beautiful home in Nairobi


We stayed in this villa.

Keeley and I had a room together. It was nice to have a bed after the long plane rides.

We took a trip to the slums, which is the poorest part of the city


Some Kenyans live in homes like these

Some children taking a stroll

All of the trash

I love the redeemed sign in the background

My team got to see the result of our church's 2010 Christmas offering being put towards a new school in Nairobi. Some men were working hard in the background while we were there.

Some people in the team decided to sponsor children. Cara got to meet her new little guy, James!



A little girl and her baby sister



No comments:

Post a Comment